Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader v3.1 Now Available

<< < (11/11)

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: ijpengelly on May 03, 2015, 09:11:47 AM ---Other than the two bugs that seem to have been flagged (record page crash and jumping jack fader) Mackie version 3.1 performed extremely well yesterday. Outdoor festival, one acoustic set and four bands, HK Audio Projector system on FOH duties and three monitor mixes. Drums mics (6 off) were groups and monitor masters were on a VCA (DCA), four vocals, two guitars, bass and keys. Extensive use of mute and view groups.

I was running two iPads (one docked and one wireless), that I swapped over when the power on the iPad was getting low and the one that was docked was wirelessly connected to a laptop acting as a UPNP server for the in-fill music between acts.

All the flexibility that the extra features has provided and those that were include from day one made yesterday much easier than the traditional route. The only thing I really hankered for were remote pre-amps, but I used trim feature to good effect.

We did experience a couple of power trips on the day (which at first I thought was due to the wet weather, but turned out to be the amount of power the Projector rig can draw), but when the power came back on, the router and DL1608, both were accessible and ready to go again after about 20 - 30 seconds.

All in all a good day bar the weather.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the excellent report. It's good to hear/read that everything went well for you. Nice!  :thu: :thu:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version