Author Topic: Master Fader v3.1 Now Available  (Read 18638 times)

rmcassady

• Mackie Creative Manager
  • Youngling
    • Mackie
Master Fader v3.1 Now Available
« on: April 28, 2015, 06:01:39 PM »
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mackie-master-fader/id511500747?mt=8

We just released Master Fader v3.1 to the App Store.

Primarily to support the new DL32R Dante Expansion Card, Master Fader v3.1 also has a ton of bug fixes that should please you. Here's a full list of changes. As always, ensure Master Fader is not set to auto update so you can choose the right time for you.

Support for DL Dante Expansion Card
Mute Group masters are now actionable from the overview
Access Limit buttons now show green instead of red. Duh.
The current parameter readout now shows information when making changes to the I/O patch view
Removed decimal from current parameter readout for Pan and Balance
All radio buttons now active on release instead of press

And here’s the minor bugs that are now FIXED. Thanks to all of you for helping us to identify these!

An update to Master Fader v3 from v2.1.1 and below could fail
Crash when Access Limits Input DSP and Input Routing are enabled and then change mixes in the Output Routing Channel View
Crash when switching between a DL32R and DL1608 in a very particular way
Master Fader could be forced offline after an out of range iPad returned into range
When access limited, Masters will still highlight in overview when touched
Aux pan not recalled correctly on power cycle
Access Limiting Mutes incorrectly limited Aux Mutes
QAP would not show all FX muted from Mute Group
Navigating between Matrix, Overview and Masters view could show incorrect views
Navigating between Overview, Subgroup channel, and Mixer view could show incorrect views
Navigating between Overview, VCA channel, and Mixer view could show incorrect views
Linking Unlinking channels will sometimes not be shown on multiple connected iPads
Show note edits sometimes not shown on multiple connected iPads
Output alignment delay wasn’t restored upon 2.1.1 to 3.1 update
Toggling Access Limits was very slow
Switching between devices could cause the view and mute group assignment sources to disappear
Faders could disappear from Matrix Mixer View
Long channel names could intermittently not scroll in the Matrix and Masters View
Masters View could show no channel strips
Still able to access the FX Channel View when FX is Access Limited
Channel view meters could stop functioning when switching between view groups
Mute Group assignments that were changed while a Mute Group is enabled wouldn’t always update the Overview
Linked subgroups would incorrectly show L/R selector in channel routing view
Monitor Delay on QAP only had the ability to manually enter Meter parameter
When Access Limited Sub Groups could still be assigned to a VCA
Access Limiting Mutes incorrectly limited Aux Mutes
Stereo linked Matrix channel strip would incorrectly appear twice in the Masters View
Leaving a Show’s Notes field without updating could cause connected iPads to disconnect
With certain Access Limits enabled, selecting a Sub in the Mix Selector would navigate to the wrong view

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Re: Master Fader v3.1 Now Available
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 06:15:41 PM »
Downloaded and opened! Fader scale has been changed to white, still not brilliant on the iPad 2, but better than before.

Not sure exactly what that Mute group change is for the DL1608?!

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 06:32:56 PM »
Seem to be getting a quite noticeable lag on the Main output fader when viewing the channel faders page. None of the other faders seem to be affected and if you go into a channel and alter the Main, it moves fine! Very odd indeed. Could be interesting if you catch it, as it jumps almost the length of the scale. Anyone else have this issue?

EQ seems to have the same response as before, so that's fine.

rmcassady

• Mackie Creative Manager
  • Youngling
    • Mackie
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 06:41:06 PM »
Downloaded and opened! Fader scale has been changed to white, still not brilliant on the iPad 2, but better than before.

Not sure exactly what that Mute group change is for the DL1608?!

This allows the ability to affect mute group on/off from the overview screen on any DL mixer. Just a handy place to hit a group mute if you need to.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 06:43:19 PM »
Ahhhh, yes! Found it, super thanks.

takis

• Padawan
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 07:59:11 PM »
It's nice to see they are updating items, but I was hoping for a 4.0 version where they made the effects more robust.  Hope to see this soon....

Thanks Mackie

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 08:03:10 PM »
MF 3.1 update works a treat on the Air 2 and the dB scales are brighter now. Very stodgy on the older iPad 2 IMHO. Pretty much the same as it was. That's okay though. Have to update the school's DL firmware soon. Will see how that goes. Still have MF Classic for just in case!
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 09:24:02 PM »

Master Fader could be forced offline after an out of range iPad returned into range

Oh please oh please...  Let this fix my issue where the docked iPad just stops communicating via Master Fader (yet, music being played from that iPad still plays) until I remove it from the dock and plug it back in.
Wireless rarely looses sync, and never goes offline though.

Thank you for making the channel strip dB scale brighter again too.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 10:27:51 PM »
Oh please oh please...  Let this fix my issue where the docked iPad just stops communicating via Master Fader (yet, music being played from that iPad still plays) until I remove it from the dock and plug it back in.
I think we figured out that the issue is the charging circuit - and it "goes away" if you have the iPad 100% charged.

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 10:31:31 PM »
I think we figured out that the issue is the charging circuit - and it "goes away" if you have the iPad 100% charged.

That iPad is always at 100% charge though... (I read the thread about lost sync and thought that could be the problem, so I keep it fully charged)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 11:11:41 PM »
I don't think that's the case. I believe that the grounding techniques or lack thereof are the real problem. I just haven't found the time or inclination to prove it. Who would drain the iPad chassis ground into the DL signal ground? Mackie needs a lesson from Bill Whitlock on audio grounding techniques. :)
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 11:59:36 PM »
Hey, JohnMHoyt  or John?

Welcome to the forum!!!!  :) I love your avatar by the way, too!!  :thu:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 01:43:27 AM »
I don't think that's the case. I believe that the grounding techniques or lack thereof are the real problem. I just haven't found the time or inclination to prove it. Who would drain the iPad chassis ground into the DL signal ground? Mackie needs a lesson from Bill Whitlock on audio grounding techniques. :)

I would believe grounding could be an issue...  I have seen similar issues with computers, audio systems and pbx systems where something had a not-so-well grounded connection, then it was grounded well for lightening purposes later, and that's when the troubles started.   I also read in the other thread about that, such as lifting the pin on the power supply ground, etc.   Not sure I want to try that, but hey, maybe I need to.  Would be interested to hear what you find if you get the time =)

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2015, 01:44:48 AM »
Hey, JohnMHoyt  or John?

Welcome to the forum!!!!  :) I love your avatar by the way, too!!  :thu:

Thanks... Call me John, call me whatever... I'm easy, like Sunday morning.     I stole the avatar so I wouldn't be bare, it seemed fitting for an audio forum =P

I've been lurking here for a while, just got around to responding.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 03:24:04 AM »
That iPad is always at 100% charge though... (I read the thread about lost sync and thought that could be the problem, so I keep it fully charged)
Mine was pukin' out big-time on a gig a couple weeks back, turned out I was at 50%. Once it charged back it it was fine. Obviously YMMV  :-\ .