Author Topic: Master Fader 3.1 Bug  (Read 8402 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Master Fader 3.1 Bug
« on: April 29, 2015, 01:11:08 AM »
I just emailed BenO at Mackie about this problem I found tonight at home with the updated MF. Here is the excerpt from my email describing it.

I found one major bug, with both my iPad Air 2 and iPad 2, running MF 3.1 connected to the DL wired, wirelessly or un-connected. I open the recording screen and if I touch either the L or R level controls MF crashes and minimizes to the background. Double tapping the home button on the iPad shows the app is minimized. Touching the app restores MF and it re-syncs and a “Bug report” Window opens up. This happens everytime  you try this without exception.

Everything else seems to be okay other than this. I don't record with the DL much, but this could be annoying if not addressed by Mackie soon. 

Oh yes, MF has access to the built in microphone on both my iPads as well. just in case any one was going to ask.  8)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:28:51 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Master Fader 3.1 Bug
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 03:19:13 AM »
I wouldn't have thought to try to tweak those on a disconnected iPad - but yup, pukes right out :( . I'll have to checking out on the docked iPad tomorrow...

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 04:48:27 AM »
Oh yes, MF has access to the built in microphone on both my iPads as well. just in case any one was going to ask.  8)
What can you do with that?
Mackie Junkie

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 06:29:43 AM »
Yup, confirmed... does it on an iPad2 docked. Oddly, the minimised version is the last 'snapshot' it was restored from, rather than it taking you back to the same page...

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 10:13:53 AM »
What can you do with that?

Just in case the app crash was caused by "no access to the mic". If you try to record audio with access turned off, you will get a blank very small audio file. I thought this might be causing MF to crash. Obviously that's not the case.

I don't have any gigs this week, but have 3 with the DL for the school next week. I hope a bug fix is released pretty darn quick or I will have to go back to MF Classic until it's fixed or just use my old reliable backup mixer.  :( On the plus side, it was a smart move by Mackie to re-release MF 2.X.

Come on Mackie, let's get a bug fix patch out A.S.A.P! Please?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:48:31 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 12:21:05 PM »
I just emailed BenO at Mackie about this problem I found tonight at home with the updated MF. Here is the excerpt from my email describing it.

I found one major bug, with both my iPad Air 2 and iPad 2, running MF 3.1 connected to the DL wired, wirelessly or un-connected. I open the recording screen and if I touch either the L or R level controls MF crashes and minimizes to the background. Double tapping the home button on the iPad shows the app is minimized. Touching the app restores MF and it re-syncs and a “Bug report” Window opens up. This happens everytime  you try this without exception.

Everything else seems to be okay other than this. I don't record with the DL much, but this could be annoying if not addressed by Mackie soon. 

Can confirm it happens on our iPad 2.  Haven't checked on the new iPad we have.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 02:08:55 PM »
This is typical of what happens when maintenance level programmers take over and developers are off doing another project. Be prepared for a few more along this line until they get their feet wet if ever. :)
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 02:27:52 PM »
This is typical of what happens when maintenance level programmers take over and developers are off doing another project. Be prepared for a few more along this line until they get their feet wet if ever. :)

I wonder what the turn around time on a bug fix will be? Already creating scenes in MF Classic for just in case.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 05:50:57 PM by Keyboard Magic »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 06:18:09 PM »
Well we'll find out since it's a reproducible bug it should take a savvy programmer about an hour to fix. Then it has to go thru Apple's little game and if you're lucky you'll see it by the weekend. If this was a Linux app a couple of hrs and you'd be up and running. Love all that bureaucratic BS. On second thought they wouldn't release something like this. :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:24:03 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 11:02:50 PM »
Thanks for reporting this. We are testing a fix now and submit to the app store ASAP. I'll keep you posted on the status.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 11:09:33 PM »
Thanks for reporting this. We are testing a fix now and submit to the app store ASAP. I'll keep you posted on the status.

Thank you so much for responding so quickly to this issue!  :thu: :thu:

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 03:16:15 PM »
OK we fixed this bug and submitted a fix to Apple. It will post automatically when Apple approves.

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 03:47:19 PM »
OK we fixed this bug and submitted a fix to Apple. It will post automatically when Apple approves.

That was easy...

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 04:01:56 PM »
Ben, you rock! Thanks.
Mackie Junkie

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 04:20:11 PM »

Excellent!  8)