Author Topic: Credit to Mackie  (Read 8127 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Credit to Mackie
« on: April 30, 2015, 12:20:40 AM »
Credit to Mackie

For all our complaining (and supportive comments too) about the DL line and MF, you have to give Mackie credit for being involved in this forum. For them, what better place than the “DL1608/DL806/DL32R Mixers Forum” to keep an eye or ear on their products!

For us it’s the benefit of having an “ear” to Mackie with our concerns and suggestions. I am very impressed how fast this particular issue (MF 3.1 Bug Report) was addressed, about a day and how soon it will be rectified. Not too bad in my books.

Thank you BenO and rmcassady  Keep up the good Work!  :thu: :thu:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Credit to Mackie
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:12:05 AM »
MF 3.1 came out pretty quickly after the release of My Fader 3.x.  Anybody notice if My Fader works with Master Fader 3.1?   I won't be able to test until Sunday night.  (Not critical, just a rehearsal.) 

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 01:32:22 PM »
MF 3.1 came out pretty quickly after the release of My Fader 3.x.  Anybody notice if My Fader works with Master Fader 3.1?   I won't be able to test until Sunday night.  (Not critical, just a rehearsal.)

Yes, I just tested it 5 minutes ago and for me it works perfectly!  :)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 03:19:00 PM »
Anybody notice if My Fader works with Master Fader 3.1? 

Yup it does. As part of My Fader 3, we actually made a change to its compatibility so it will stay compatible with different Master Fader versions longer as long as we don't add a new feature that My Fader needs to know about. Thus we didn't need to release a My Fader 3.1.

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 04:06:14 PM »
Kudos to Mackie and the whole team. I really appreciate your responsiveness.
Mackie Junkie

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 05:16:20 PM »
I love my DL32R and of course,, this forum is great too!

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 07:40:47 PM »
Agree with all that it's good to see the mackie folks back interacting with us.
For a long time there was no comments from that side of the fence, but over the last
month or so we see them chiming in a bit more regularly. Makes me feel like we here have an inside
friend with an open ear to the concerns. Also keeps,me feeling confident in the product line and
helps me when I make recommendations to others about their future purchases.  I know at least 4
People that have purchased a 1608 or 32R based on my demonstration of the product to them.
Hopefully this will be a great ongoing communication with both sides being supportive and
understanding.

Your never to old to learn something stupid

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 08:51:22 AM »
Beno has always been good at giving us answers, I'd certainly buy him a beer if we ever met  :)

workingstiff

• Youngling
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 02:27:15 PM »
I'll echo the comments others have made here. Mackie has really stepped up their game in terms of communication. When I first started gigging with the 1608 other local musicians would be fascinated by it. Once they saw MyFader in action they were sold. I know of 3 other bands in my little circuit that have jumped on board with Mackie in the last 18 months. Knowing Mackie and beno in particular are listening makes me feel a whole lot better about touting their hardware.

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 03:32:08 PM »
Thanks all. We're working harder at this.
We have some cool things in store for Master Fader coming up. We definitely aren't slowing down with adding new features and making your mixer even better.

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 06:56:37 PM »
Ben, can you share any future features that we can look forward to?
Mackie Junkie

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 06:59:03 PM »
Thanks all. We're working harder at this.
We have some cool things in store for Master Fader coming up. We definitely aren't slowing down with adding new features and making your mixer even better.

So long as it all works with my DL1608 on my iPad Air 2, iPad Mini, and iPhone 5, I'm a happy camper!  ;)
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 07:39:26 PM »
Ben, can you share any future features that we can look forward to?

We've gotten burned in the past announcing things early, so we're going to stay quiet until things are officially announced. But definitely the top of the user voice list is a good place to look for ideas.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 04:14:35 AM »
Beno, I've enjoyed the new toys, so I'll wait until Mackie releases them.  Thanks for all you do.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 04:16:00 AM »