Author Topic: Master Fader 3.1 Bug  (Read 8361 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Master Fader 3.1 Bug
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 12:22:56 AM »
Well we'll find out since it's a reproducible bug it should take a savvy programmer about an hour to fix. Then it has to go thru Apple's little game and if you're lucky you'll see it by the weekend. If this was a Linux app a couple of hrs and you'd be up and running. Love all that bureaucratic BS. On second thought they wouldn't release something like this. :)

Just doing a little research on the average time it takes to get an app approved by Apple's little game. Here's a link to the App Marketing Lab that explains the process. Is this pretty much accurate?

http://www.appmarketinglab.com/long-apple-review-app/

Or do they adjust their approval rates depending on who or whom submits an App?
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 01:01:59 AM »
Well we'll find out since it's a reproducible bug it should take a savvy programmer about an hour to fix. Then it has to go thru Apple's little game and if you're lucky you'll see it by the weekend. If this was a Linux app a couple of hrs and you'd be up and running. Love all that bureaucratic BS. On second thought they wouldn't release something like this. :)

Just doing a little research on the average time it takes to get an app approved by Apple's little game. Here's a link to the App Marketing Lab that explains the process. Is this pretty much accurate?

http://www.appmarketinglab.com/long-apple-review-app/

Or do they adjust their approval rates depending on who or whom submits an App?

One of my clients regularly releases updates to their apps 3-5 days average cycle from the time it is the queue to when it is available for download.  Except times of high activity, such as after the release of a new iOS, then it has taken them as long as a week and some change (7-10 days).

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 01:13:03 AM »
Wow! Probably won't have the update before my next gig this coming Monday for sure.  :( I can probably use 3.1 as it is since I won't be going anywhere near the recording screen at all. On the other hand maybe it would be wise to "downgrade" to MF Classic to avoid any potential major Oops moments.  I have 2 more gigs right after this one the same week.  :facepalm:

Thanks for the info just the same though.  :thu:   8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 03:38:22 PM »
This bug was very localized so you shouldn't have any issues with 3.1.

Also, for up to the minute app review times, we use this site:
http://appreviewtimes.com/

A bit longer than normal right now but 3.1 was approved in less than a week so who know.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 04:05:22 PM »
This bug was very localized so you shouldn't have any issues with 3.1.

Also, for up to the minute app review times, we use this site:
http://appreviewtimes.com/

A bit longer than normal right now but 3.1 was approved in less than a week so who know.

Thanks Ben, I realize these things do take some time. I won't be using the recording feature, so I do feel fairly secure with 3.1 as it stands.  :)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 05:35:59 PM »
Used the DL this morning at the school. For Music Monday. Running MF 3.1 on the iPad Air 2 wirelessly. No hiccups whatsoever.  :thu: I did stay away from the recording page though.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 05:39:58 PM by Keyboard Magic »

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 11:09:44 PM »
OK looks like Apple approved 3.1.1. This should be rolling out to App Stores now. It fixes this bug as described in the release notes in the App Store.

"Master Fader 3.1.1 fixes a crashing bug when trying to adjust the recording levels for a DL1608 or DL806. Whoops."

Let me know if anyone uncovers any other new issues. Thanks.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2015, 11:27:33 PM »
OK looks like Apple approved 3.1.1. This should be rolling out to App Stores now. It fixes this bug as described in the release notes in the App Store.

"Master Fader 3.1.1 fixes a crashing bug when trying to adjust the recording levels for a DL1608 or DL806. Whoops."

Let me know if anyone uncovers any other new issues. Thanks.

Thank you Ben, it is really appreciated that it got rectified so soon.  :thu:  Haven't seen it yet on the Canadian or US App store yet, but will keep my eyes peeled for it. I suspect it will show up tomorrow morning our time.   8)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:58:26 PM by Keyboard Magic »