Author Topic: Credit to Mackie  (Read 8126 times)

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Re: Credit to Mackie
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 03:04:41 PM »
Well, if they (Mackie) keep things simple as far as the supported platform, i.e. not releasing an Android version, then it looks like an RTA overlay and updated reverbs might be in the next build. Both of these would be extremely good to have for me personally and would get used frequently.

If music controls are going into MF4 (or 3.X) if would be great if this was a player that allowed for local files, UPNP, DLNA, etc with a playlist creation option to really add value to the interface. Having used a third party app to do something similar (UPNP) and it working well, it would be a nice way to access break music or do lite-DJ duties.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 01:45:24 PM »
Maybe we need Mackie around to let us know how much a low priced digital mixer can be.  It's way more than I bought 20 months ago.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 08:32:10 PM »
Like many of us here we probably migrated to the mackie DL from some other form of mixer, most likely an analog desk. I went from a Yamaha or Carvin desk to the DL. Since one band I work with had already made the change and I was impressed with the ease of use, it made sense for me to switch too.  I liked having to only remember 1 board, at my age it's important to save brain cells.
At that time, and even now I had no expectation of the DL having every available feature, I knew I was not buying a DiGiCo board and at $800 and a used iPad I sure was pleased with the offering. Yeah, the FX were not the best, but I always had the option of using an outboard processor.  For the average Joe, doing club and corporate dates it was perfect. I was not planning on doing big multi band festivals so that was not even a consideration.  Larger shows that needed more inputs I have done I borrowed a X-32.

I have not been disappointed in the purchase to this date and feel the upgrades have added value to the money I already paid.  Having subgroups, VCA groups, more routing options and the misc. upgrades
have been a bonus.  Sure the lagging display period was not a pleasant time, but is now a thing of the past.
I have run the X and M series made by others and feel they are great boards with amazing flexibility and features, but comparing costs I still think for my needs the DL is great bang for the buck.  My main gig has just switched to the 32R for this coming years shows with a little prodding from me, and we are able to put the patches together via Dropbox, very cool.

So while I agree with those that are supporters of the "other "
mfgs. that tout the wonders of their product that they offer a plethora of great features, I always keep in mind that the cost is 3 times the DL1608, and my needs are not at this time 3 times the capability of the 1608.   So for now I won't throw stones at Mackie especially when they are stepping up with communication and product improvements.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 01:04:31 AM »
I've bitched and whined about the product and it's issues in the time that I've been here for sure, but in reality unfortunately today there are no guarantees. But when a company takes an active interest in customer feedback on their product, that shows me that they do care what we have to say about said product, even if they take little longer to make improvements in hardware and apps.

Every question I’ve ever posed to Mackie has been promptly answered in a timely fashion to my satisfaction. I’m sure there are a bunch here that have had a good customer experience with them and there’s some that haven’t and that’s unfortunate. I guess I’ve been lucky so far. Some will buy Mackie and some will not, just like any other product out there I guess.

Just a couple of quotes to end off:

“You catch more flies with honey”

"And never, ever ever get caught with your fly down”.  ;)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:26:17 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 03:53:29 AM »
I don't think we have much reason to complain.  I have a much better product than I purchased.  Didn't need for it to be better.  Had lots of reasons to just use it as it was.  But I'm not going back.  I like the improvements.