Author Topic: my fader app not seeing dl1608 mixer  (Read 3776 times)

K-Dubber

my fader app not seeing dl1608 mixer
« on: May 01, 2015, 03:35:50 PM »
Hope someone can help with this - I've got a docked ipad running Master Fader 3.1, a mobile ipad also running MF3.1, able to control the dl1608 wirelessly. But my iphone 5s running My Fadder 3.0 can't find the desk, it just says "no device available" when I try to connect. I've checked to see that I'm on the correct wireless network (using the apple express) - any ideas why my phone isn't able to sync up? Thanks.

Wynnd

• Master
Re: my fader app not seeing dl1608 mixer
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 06:38:57 PM »
Start with making sure you are attaching your iphone 5S to the same WiFi network as your mixer is on.  Mine has attached to other nearby networks and I had to move it.  (That is probably where your problem is.)  If this is the first time you've used this app, you might not be aware of where to connect to the mixer.  (ignore this if you've been using it in the past.)   Other's have been using My Fader 3.0.2 with Master Fader 3.1 with no problems and Beno has reported that it works just fine.   If you're doing everything right and it's still not seeing the mixer, do a reboot of your iphone and if that doesn't do it, I'd shoot a message off to Mackie reporting as much as you can find.  Yours would be the first failure to work that I've heard of.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 06:41:54 PM »
Pretty sure I had one instance where I had to fully shut down and reboot an ipad to see the mixer.  I'm just used to quirky things happening with tablets.  (Generally computers are better but even they get weird from time to time.)

K-Dubber

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 06:49:02 PM »
Cheers for the replies guys! Fairly new to the dl1608 but I got the 2nd iPad connected to the wifi straight away and then did exactly the same routine with the phone only for it to not hook up. I'll definitely try the shutdown & restart phone idea thanks 😊

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 06:54:31 PM »
In my case, I have my iphone hooking up to so many different Wifi networks.  My ipad mini only hooks up to two.  (Home and the PA)  Hope the reboot helps.  If that doesn't, you might have to delete My Fader and reload it.  That's pushing, but it's worked for me with problem Apps before. 

Rick Scofield

• Padawan
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 09:58:11 PM »
I'll throw in my guess.  The iPads and dl1608 are running ove version (either Classic or 3.X) and the iPhone was loaded with whatever the other version is.  I had this happen to a muso last week, where he had downloaded the MyFader 3.0, but the dl1608 they use is on Master Fader Classic.  Luckily this muso had also downloaded MyFader Classic and was able to open it up and proceed normally.

It would be nice if the Icons for Master Fader/MyFader Classic and 3.X were different looking in an obvious way in case someone has both on their device (such as myself).

-Rick

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 12:02:25 AM »
I'll throw in my guess.  The iPads and dl1608 are running ove version (either Classic or 3.X) and the iPhone was loaded with whatever the other version is.  I had this happen to a muso last week, where he had downloaded the MyFader 3.0, but the dl1608 they use is on Master Fader Classic.  Luckily this muso had also downloaded MyFader Classic and was able to open it up and proceed normally.

It would be nice if the Icons for Master Fader/MyFader Classic and 3.X were different looking in an obvious way in case someone has both on their device (such as myself).

-Rick

I have both Classic and 3.1 on both iPads/iPod Touch (My Fader) and created a new folder called DL Classic. The classic versions are in there. I was getting confused too until I finally thought of this.  :facepalm:  I seem to remember Ben was asked this and he mentioned something about an icon change to differentiate between Classic and MF 3.X. Not sure when and if it will happen though.  :)

Most of all of us know how to create folders under iOS, but here's what I did just in case.  8)

I put MF Classic on the the iPad desktop (make them all jiggle) and dropped My Fader 2.X Icon onto it. Voila! A new folder is created and I renamed it. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 08:30:29 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 04:11:43 AM »
Great suggestion KM.  Anyone heard from K-Dubber?  Wonder what his status is now.

K-Dubber

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 08:37:05 AM »
Hi guys - really appreciate all the ideas. I'm definitely running My Fader 3.0.2 on the phone, and Master Fader 3.1 on the ipads.  I haven't had a chance to try the simple solution (restarting the phone) yet but am gigging tonight so will try things then. If it still won't see the desk I'll report back.  :thu:

K-Dubber

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 01:17:02 AM »
So at the gig tonight, at first neither the mobile iPad or iPhone could see the desk, but a quick restart of the router and then the desk and hey presto! 2 happy iPads and a happy iPhone! Thanks for the help guys.  8)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 01:19:58 AM »
So at the gig tonight, at first neither the mobile iPad or iPhone could see the desk, but a quick restart of the router and then the desk and hey presto! 2 happy iPads and a happy iPhone! Thanks for the help guys.  8)

Glad it's working for you! It's nice when everything comes together as it's supposed to.  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler