Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Phantom Power Issue

(1/4) > >>

Fluddman:
Anybody else have this happen.

When phantom power is on channel 8 makes noise even without any thing connected. Its quite a strong signal, and makes that channel unusable.

It works fine with phantom power off - so it sounds like somethings up with the preamp.

Any suggestions on how to fix it.

Cheers

Wynnd:
Sounds like a problem with your mixer.  I've never experienced it.  I bought a small mixer with phantom power to deal with that need.  I hate global phantom power.  (But have used it from time to time.  Just trying to move away from it.)   Not aware of any easy fixes.  Could be a flakey connection on that input.  If the mixer is out of warranty, you might either look at it or have someone look at it.  the connection issue should be an easy fix.  Anything else is unlikely to be an easy fix.  (My take anyway.)

Michael Welter:
Does this happen regardless of the channel that has the phantom power supplied?

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on May 02, 2015, 04:09:35 AM ---Sounds like a problem with your mixer.  I've never experienced it.  I bought a small mixer with phantom power to deal with that need.  I hate global phantom power.  (But have used it from time to time.  Just trying to move away from it.)   Not aware of any easy fixes.  Could be a flakey connection on that input.  If the mixer is out of warranty, you might either look at it or have someone look at it.  the connection issue should be an easy fix.  Anything else is unlikely to be an easy fix.  (My take anyway.)

--- End quote ---

Yeah I hate global phantom power as well!

My DL is out of warranty by now so I'll probably look at it myself.

CHeers

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on May 02, 2015, 04:28:47 AM ---Does this happen regardless of the channel that has the phantom power supplied?

--- End quote ---

Not quite following your question.

Phantom power is global on the DL - so when it's on, it's on for all channels.

Only channel 8 has the noise problem (at the moment).

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version