Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

After This Past Release, Noticed 1/4" inputs hotter in gain - DLR32

<< < (3/3)

takis:
A quick update on this issue of the inputs being a little hotter for my keyboards using the 1/4" inputs.  Well, I did not get a chacne to hook things up in the garage the past week, but the band played this past weekend Sat/Sun and all levels when the instruments were not playing were reading normal.  In other words, there was jsut the slight bouncing of the signal at low dB levels as expected.  Do not knowwh it happened, but it was a hall that we first time played in and it could of been a pwer issue... but I do place everythign through expensive power conditionning equipment...

Overall, everything worked very well this weekend. 

As for the steroe to two monos, I did not get a chance to try that out yet...

Professor:
My Kurweil has balanced TRS outs.  The Mackie has balanced ins.  You get a 3 db boost if you use a balanced cable to connect.  My other keyboards are not balanced but seem hot enough to work.  We use the DL 32. 

sam.spoons:
It depends if the Kursweil is servo balanced or impedance balanced (if you're losing 3dB using unbalanced TS-TS cables it sounds like its servo balanced), most modern kit is impedance balanced (the DL1608 aux outputs are impedance balanced) and using a TS-TS cable causes no loss of signal. A servo/symetrical/transformer balanced output will lose 3dB if connected in this manner. It may be possible to use a special cable under some circumstances but a loss of 3dB is not usually worth worrying about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version