Author Topic: Master Fader 3.1.1 is ALIVE!!  (Read 5518 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Master Fader 3.1.1 is ALIVE!!
« on: May 07, 2015, 12:55:08 PM »
If anyone is interested, Master Fader 3.1.1 has hit the app store! Just updated my iPads and the recording page fader bug is cured. The actual update only took about 10 seconds on the iPads.

Not too sure if there is an accompanying firmware update to go along with it though. Don't have access to the DL at the moment. It works as expected on the iPads and haven't noticed anything else amiss with 3.1.1. Only 7 days from submission to availability, not too bad.

Thank you to Mackie for responding so quickly.  :thu:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 12:58:28 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Re: Master Fader 3.1.1 is ALIVE!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 05:38:47 PM »
Fix confirmed, just the odd Main fader delay to be resolved now.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 09:22:01 PM »
Well I'm glad your Mackie's new QC department. :)
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 09:40:00 PM »
Just thought that there might be a slim chance that some people here would actually be interested that the update was posted and that the bug was really fixed as promised. By the way the QC gig is paying well. It's a dirty job.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:28:39 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WJF

• Padawan
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 10:32:05 PM »
I read in another thread here that some folks were experiencing problems with a laggy main fader in 3.1.  Do you have any idea whether or not 3.1.1 addresses that issue as well or is that still on Mackie's 'to-do' list? Thanks!   :)

MrDOS

• Padawan
    • Weekend hobby site
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 10:40:17 PM »
Answered in post #2 in this very thread.
("yes")
Live sound/recording engineer, videographer at WoodlawnSound.com
SQL Server DBA
Bass Player

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 10:54:51 PM »
I read in another thread here that some folks were experiencing problems with a laggy main fader in 3.1.  Do you have any idea whether or not 3.1.1 addresses that issue as well or is that still on Mackie's 'to-do' list? Thanks!   :)

In my personal experience, just from playing around with it on my older iPad 2 disconnected, the Main Fader is still very jerky when moved other than slowly. I think the only issue that was corrected in 3.1.1 was the recording page fader crash issue. Now running on my iPad Air 2, there are no issues with laggy faders at all. Hopefully it’s still on the table with Mackie.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:23:14 PM by Keyboard Magic »

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 07:44:57 AM »
Last night I noticed something useful / hindrance (depending on your outlook) that I hadn't spotted before, when you go to the 'Masters' page and adjust an Auxiliary, as an example, the button to take you back to the input strip changes to the corresponding master you have adjusted. The idea, I assume, is that you have tweaked the master and you now may want to go in and adjust the mix for that Aux, effect, group or VCA.... not that the last one is much use as it only shows you the master  ::)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 02:47:41 PM »
I noticed that too.  I find it a PITA.  I like to use the masters to make major changes and expect to go right back to where I was before.  It's got me passing on the masters screen now. 

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 06:16:26 PM »
I guess the alternative is to tap the Main fader before exiting the Masters Screen. Perhaps that is one of those things that needs a customisable option depending on if you find it useful or not.

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 12:42:41 AM »
Updated to 3.1.1 before our gig last Saturday. Enabled the recording and the record light was on for all of our 3 hour gig.  Saved the recording at the end. Unfortunately, the file size was 4K.  Has plenty of room on the iPad for storage.  So bummed.  One of our best nights :(.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 01:12:18 AM »
Updated to 3.1.1 before our gig last Saturday. Enabled the recording and the record light was on for all of our 3 hour gig.  Saved the recording at the end. Unfortunately, the file size was 4K.  Has plenty of room on the iPad for storage.  So bummed.  One of our best nights :(.

Oh, that really sucks!

I have to ask and am trying to help with this info, just in case. Please don't take this the wrong way?

Did MF have access to the iPad’s internal microphone?

iPad- Go to Settings scroll through all installed apps, find Master Fader, select it. On right side of the screen you see 2 selections- Location and underneath Microphone. This one has to be turned on even though it actually never really uses the mic. If it’s off, your recording files will only be 4K and blank.

You probably actually knew this, but this is one reason for a blank recording. Of course with MF it could be anything too. Just trying to help.   8)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 03:01:00 AM »
Seems to me that all the 4K recordings are because of no permission to access the ipad's microphone.  Microphone access is apparently needed for access to the audio hardware of the ipad and that's why you need it for recording on Master Fader.  Hopefully Mackie will setup a check status whenever attempting to record in a future version.  (Or just test when activating the app and putting a warning on the recording screen when microphone access isn't available.) 

gordwait

• Youngling
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 08:44:09 PM »
I'm confused, are you folks saying you can record to your iPad somehow? (I don't see that in the manual).

Also, I looked under settings for MF on my iPad, it does not show a Microphone entry for enable/disable at all.

In short, "Huh??"

Oh, hang on, never mind. We have the DL32R, and it doesn't support this feature. I guess the other two models do.

Oh, that really sucks!

I have to ask and am trying to help with this info, just in case. Please don't take this the wrong way?

Did MF have access to the iPad’s internal microphone?

iPad- Go to Settings scroll through all installed apps, find Master Fader, select it. On right side of the screen you see 2 selections- Location and underneath Microphone. This one has to be turned on even though it actually never really uses the mic. If it’s off, your recording files will only be 4K and blank.

You probably actually knew this, but this is one reason for a blank recording. Of course with MF it could be anything too. Just trying to help.   8)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:47:03 PM by gordwait »

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2015, 08:55:27 AM »
Is it me or when you were assigning mute groups previously you could select Auxes from the mute group page? I somehow managed to end up with a couple of my monitors and my effects muted when I didn't want them to be... it was a little vexing, though quickly resolved. I know you can change the mute group assign from each of the inputs and outputs pages (which is how I solved things).