Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Soundcraft Ui-12 and Ui-16 Original DL Platform Contenders?

(1/16) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
I have a feeling this was discussed sometime in the past here, but not sure. If it was, please just ignore my senior moment?  x(

Just noticed that my local music store Long & McQuade is selling the Soundcraft Ui-12 at $548 Cdn and the Ui-16 for $749 Cdn. They are in stock too. They look like they may be in direct competition to the DL806/1608 platform.

Kind of different looking with built in WIFI, probably 2.4GHz only and HTML5 browser based app. It looks like it has some added features and similar ones to the DL. I realize that these are acquisitions repackaged, rebranded and updated from the SMPro U-Mix series.

The Ui-16 only has 12 XLR (8 combi and 4 std) inputs plus RCA stereo and 2 USB, 1 for playback (Built in media player) and 1 for recording (2 track only). I’m sure most here have done the research on this one, but I am curious if it is a serious contender to the original DL platform?

Oh the browser based app is quite cool too.  8) Here's a direct link to Soundcraft if you want to check this out.  :)

http://www.soundcraft.com/products/ui16

robbocurry:
Hope it sounds better than it looks!
It's a fugly ucker to my eyes! :o :o
A face only it's mother could love :lol:
Sorry for being so superficial but that is brutal looking.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: robbocurry on May 14, 2015, 12:37:23 AM ---Hope it sounds better than it looks!
It's a fugly ucker to my eyes! :o :o

--- End quote ---

Too mucking fuch?   :mrgreen:  It might be okay, I may check it out at Long and McQuade for fun this week, since it's in stock.  Give it a whirl, as it were.  ;) If it's anywhere comparable to the EPM 12 analog mixer I had a while back, it should theoretically sound good. The Ears have it, gotta listen to it first before I come to any contusions about it.  :laugh:

gerenm63:
On a feature-per-feature comparison, they're more akin to the Behringer XR12 and XR16 -- sorta. The closest direct competitors to the original DL1608 are the Behringer X18 or the Phonic Acapela16 (http://www.phonic.com/en/acapela-16.html).

RoadRanger:
First company that packs a DL1608 (or better) into a 2U shallow rack gets my $$$. This is a 4U with only four monitor feeds - not even close :( .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version