Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Soundcraft Ui-12 and Ui-16 Original DL Platform Contenders?

<< < (9/16) > >>

WK154:
Based on your observations the problem lies with the browser, which brings me to the question. What browser did you use? I would guess that it was Safari. It would have been interesting to compare it to Chrome.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: WK154 on May 21, 2015, 02:07:50 PM ---Based on your observations the problem lies with the browser, which brings me to the question. What browser did you use? I would guess that it was Safari. It would have been interesting to compare it to Chrome.

--- End quote ---

I was using Safari. Might be interesting to download Chrome to see if there's any difference.  :) It works great on the laptop under IE11 and Windows 8.1 update.

Keyboard Magic:
So if anyone is interested? I just loaded Google Chrome on the old iPad 2. I wanted to see if the Ui-16 App would lag just like it did running under Safari.

There's definitely a lag in all the faders and functions running on Chrome, but not near as much as on Safari on the iPad 2. Like I mentioned in my OP, running the HTML5 app on the iPad Air 2 is the best, no visible lag at all. Of course this is all subjective to the person running the app.  8)

James91104:
KM, so my report.

iPad mini 1/ iOS 8.0/ 32gig/ Safari, Chrome, Atomic Lite: no lag. Meters fluid. Scroll smooth. Multi-touch OK.

iPad 2/ iOS 7.1.2/ 64gig/
Safari : no lag. Meters fluid. Scroll smooth. Multi-touch OK.
Chrome : Tiny lag. Meters fluid. Scroll rough. Multi-touch OK.
Atomic Lite: Tiny lag. Meters fluid. Scroll rough. Multi-touch on EQ OK, faders limited.

iPad 1/ iOS 5.1.1/ 32gig/
Safari, Chrome: Slight lag. Meters choppy. Scroll is rough. Multi-touch OK.
Atomic Lite: Slight lag. Meters choppy. Scroll is bad. Multi-touch EQ OK, faders limited.

IMO and experience with the demo app, performance is as quick or quicker than any other mixer iOS app running on the aforementioned iPad mini. I look forward to a future real deal demo. Curious if a 24 channel version is in the wings ported over from SMPro.

Topsøe:
I seem to remember that SM-Pro used to recomend the Atomic Web Browser for best perfomance on ipads

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version