Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Soundcraft Ui-12 and Ui-16 Original DL Platform Contenders?

<< < (10/16) > >>

James91104:

--- Quote from: Topsøe on May 26, 2015, 05:47:43 AM ---I seem to remember that SM-Pro used to recomend the Atomic Web Browser for best perfomance on ipads

--- End quote ---
Ditto that, but primarily for the full screen capability IFAIK.

James91104:
Furthermore, a Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32 gig running Soundcraft UI-16 demo app :
Google Chrome performs with no lag, smooth scrolling, fluid meters, multi-touch all OK.
Mozilla Firefox performs with lag, rough scrolling, fluid meters, multi-touch ok.

Note though that the demo app appears to represent a 24 channel device and not a 12 or 16 channel. With this larger representation, I find that the scrolling of 46 faders in the full view to be a bit much, so the factory and user view groups assist nicely with such.

26 Shows, 26 Snapshots, 26 Factory & 26 User presets for input & output 4 band para DBX EQ, Deesser (mic ins) & Dynamics, Lexicon Reverb, Delay, Chorus FX, and Digitech amp modeler each, DBX 12 filter AFS2 (auxs), 31 band Graphic EQ & Dynamics on all Aux & Main outs, HDMI out, Ethernet port & integrated WiFi with 10 device cross-platform connectivity limit, USB multi-format Playback port (mp3,wav,aiff,aac,ogg,flac), USB Record port for direct to device stereo 16,24,or 32 bit (? format?), 6 assignable sub,view, & mute groups each, 8 xlr/1/4"combi-inputs with 2 Hi-Z, all with recallable gain, phantom power & polarity on all mic pre inputs, cable pass-thru rack-ear cut-outs, FX mute footswitch 1/4" jack, available now for $550 U.S.D. \\ Whew  :P

There is a lot to like.
Not to like: (wish list)
only pre/post fader aux send choice.
only Graphi Q for outputs; no choice of para or graph, or even better would be both implemented. 
limited gate, comp, and AFS2 control.
no USB Digi-Audio multi-track-out record and/or PC/Mac Asio.
no USB Digi-Audio multi-track in select.

Was informed by a Harman rep that a 16 mic-in unit is slated for future release, date and price TBD.

WK154:
Most likely my next toy. Somebody finally got the GUi part right. It only took 7 years of my bugging him, for my friend to migrate to HTML (10 yrs ago) for his app but now he never looks back. A QC program for the semi industry such as Intel, IBM etc.

Keyboard Magic:
As with the Behringer series, there are alternative control options available to you. As we all know. This gives you a bit more of a confidence level running shows. Not having to depend on the wireless and only iPad control is a bonus.

But with a current 433 plus votes (that I could find more or less) on the Mackie Feature Request site for an alternative control option (Windows, Mac, Android etc.) for the DL Line, it may just happen in the near future. Only if Mackie is listening and watching. Fingers crossed.

PS: I forgot the 936 for Android.  :facepalm: Surely with the overwhelming votes? Probably not.  :(

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on May 30, 2015, 06:45:08 PM ---it may just happen in the near future. Only if Mackie is listening and watching. Fingers crossed.

--- End quote ---

They've knocked a bunch of things off that list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version