Author Topic: Voice record pro/ voice record pro7  (Read 13398 times)

Silvertopsolarnut

• Youngling
Re: Voice record pro/ voice record pro7
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 11:46:19 PM »
Exported mp4 to audio Normalizer, this raises the volume to burn CD problem solved!  If we want to record individual tracks we'll do this recording at home, but for instant gratification of playing back in the venue - this is the ticket for our band. This was the first time I could stand back 75 feet and hear what my guitar sounds like in the house!  Voice recorder pro interacts and records well with master fader and instantly plays back with master fader through the IPad. Then just export to audio Normalizer as stated above to raise the volume for a CD nice.....I hope others don't need to work so hard to get to this simple recording...... :)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2015, 12:30:32 AM »
Exported mp4 to audio Normalizer, this raises the volume to burn CD problem solved!
That has to decode and re-encode so you lose a generation of quality. The link in my previous post explains how to normalize without the quality loss 8) . Oh, and make sure you record in 24 bit mode...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:33:14 AM by RoadRanger »

Silvertopsolarnut

• Youngling
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2015, 04:44:14 PM »
Also tried this seems to work fine, from voice record pro convert to mp3 and just import to garage band the volume is good and you can burn to CD.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2015, 05:10:27 PM »
BTW almost all CD players can play data discs that have MP3 files on them so usually no need to burn a real audio CD. As I implied the fewer conversions you do the better the quality :) . And to be clear, the iPad has native hardware support for recording in MP4 format so should be your first choice unless you really need an MP3 file as your final result. When you record in MP3 format you are using a software encoder and also need to go up 50% or so in bitrate to get equivalent quality - a 128 Kbps MP4 is about as good as a 196 Kbps MP3.

Silvertopsolarnut

• Youngling
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2015, 05:54:21 PM »
We recorded in voice record pro in mp4, 128kbps and imported into garage band and it was locked so we converted to mp3 format in voice record pro.  Ist CD from garage band mp3 format cd-r would not play in older boom box or older car CD player.  So we imported mp3 into I tunes and burned as audio CD from there.  Quality seemed good.....
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:57:01 PM by Silvertopsolarnut »

robmcl

• Padawan
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2015, 12:50:57 AM »
To answer an earlier comment, I do record from aux 6.  Thx to the record matrix in ver3 you can specify the source for recording.  I set aux 6 as L and R.  This allows me to set levels including the master aux level completely independent of the foh or other monitor send. If you want true stereo then set aux 5 as L and aux 6 as R.   I need 5 auxes so my recording is mono.   We playback tracks at rehearsal easily for review

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2015, 01:11:38 PM »
I finally had an opportunity to try Voice Record, in its free version, and it was enough to convince me to buy the pro... even if just to say thank you for a great tool. Simple front end, but the amount of export options is just superb. I didn't do anything fancy, just recorded the main output from last nights charity fund raiser, where I was running my HK Audio rig with everything mic'd and the levels up at a point where contribution from the backline was pretty small. I ended up with some decent results, levels were good and the overall balance wasn't bad. With a bit of time in Audacity or SoundForge, I am sure they would be good enough for demos.

This gets a  :thu: from me... Mackie take note and make your recording facility as good as this!  ;D