Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

First Big Show

<< < (3/8) > >>

Wynnd:
One home system I've seen had the name virusliveshere.  (Or something to that effect.)  The one issue I have is when I need internet access with my phone, I need to turn the WiFi off.  The phone assumes if there is WiFi, there must be internet.   Fortunately, this doesn't happen too often.

Michael Welter:
Hey, everyone. I finally have time to report back from the show on Saturday. First of all, let me say that the DL32R performed flawlessly, and sounded wonderful. I use an Airport Extreme router with it, and I tried everything I could to see if I could lose the connection, but it held strong, even when I took my iPad up to the balcony area opposite the stage.

Now for the challenging parts. We set up on Friday, and the music group came in Friday evening for the sound check. Unfortunately, and much to my dismay, the convention center folks had not yet set the chairs in place. So I had to do the sound check without chairs. So really, the sound check was more to get monitor levels set. Here's a picture just before the sound check.

Here's a shot the next morning, after the chairs were set up:

You can see in the pictures, the A/V desk. I used the table on the right, while the video TD and the lighting techs used the table on the left.

The only issues I had, had nothing to do with the DL32R. My Bluetooth receiver only worked with two out of four devices that I tried with it. It worked fine with my android phone, and a Mac belonging to one of my techs. But it kept cutting in and out when I tried it with my PC or iPad. That was a minir issue. I also had trouble with my rechargeable batteries burning out far too soon. But they're old, so I think it's time to replace them.

Here's a funny story. During the sound check, I asked the drummer what he wanted in his monitor. He replied, "Music".  :facepalm: I guess he isn't used to working with a professional sound company.

dpdan:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on May 19, 2015, 04:31:01 AM ---I guess he isn't used to working with a professional sound company.

--- End quote ---

and you call yourself a professional sound company with no mixer desk thingy   :lol:

Only an iPad?   :)

At least with the iPad, nobody will walk up to us and say...
"do you know what all those knobs and slider things do?"

Michael Welter:
You're cracking me up, Dan. Actually, the musicians were quite impressed that I was able to set the monitor mix while standing next to them. It was pretty cool.

ijpengelly:

--- Quote from: dpdan on May 20, 2015, 02:23:33 AM ---At least with the iPad, nobody will walk up to us and say...
"do you know what all those knobs and slider things do?"

--- End quote ---

Ha ha, I had forgotten about being referred to as the knob twiddler on a few occasions by those of a humorous disposition! Now people just assume I am playing candy crush and occasionally 'ignorant', "don't you know there is a band playing?" Their face is a picture when you show them what you are doing.

Michael, it is great being able to provide a more personal service when doing monitor mixes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version