Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Advice Request for Migrating from DL-1608 to DL32R

<< < (5/7) > >>

Weogo:
Hi JMc,

For using subgroups:
Go to each vocal channel you want in your vocal subgroup.
UN-CHECK each channel from the LR Main mix(make it white instead of gray), and then CHECK each of them in the subgroup you want to use(gray instead of white).
By default, all of the subgroups are assigned to the LR Main mix, but you can check to make sure.

Good health,  Weogo

JMc:

--- Quote from: Weogo on June 08, 2015, 03:01:00 AM ---For using subgroups:
Go to each vocal channel you want in your vocal subgroup.
UN-CHECK each channel from the LR Main mix(make it white instead of gray), and then CHECK each of them in the subgroup you want to use(gray instead of white).

--- End quote ---

AHHHH.  Now I understand.  Thank you very much! ;)  It doesn't appear that the individual faders for the channel assigned to the sub move up and down with the submix level...  Should I keep the submix set at unity gain as a starting point?

Weogo:
Hi JMc,

Yes, unity is the place to start.
In analog world, if you send a whole bunch of hot signals to a Group it can get up to clipping level and you back it off a bit.
I think clipping a group is still possible in digi world?

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Wynnd:
I have noticed that when using post fader in an Aux, the channel gain should be at least at unity.  (0 db if you can read that.)  I've taken to running the Aux faders the whole way up for post fader.  Just an observation.

Topsøe:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on June 09, 2015, 04:46:56 PM ---I have noticed that when using post fader in an Aux, the channel gain should be at least at unity.  (0 db if you can read that.)  I've taken to running the Aux faders the whole way up for post fader.  Just an observation.

--- End quote ---

That depends on where your channelfaders are :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version