Author Topic: It Happenned - mackie Fader Software Locked Up During Show  (Read 8531 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: It Happenned - mackie Fader Software Locked Up During Show
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 09:12:58 AM »
I usually carry an analog mixer as a back up.  (An Alesis Multi-mix 16 firewire I use for recording.)  Never had to drag it out of my van.  Being that mixer only has 8 full XLR channels, it could be interesting to use as a DL1608 mixer backup. 

takis

• Padawan
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 01:04:26 PM »
Very good advice here.... 

First, I did not know to turn off a app on the iPad you can double click the button, thus for me rebooting the iPad.. this would of saved time...

Second, yes you are correct that the music still was playing and I could of restarted the program with just a slight interruption in mixing.

The mics stopped working, but I do not know if that was because I was just banging on the iPad with frustration.

If the wireless goes, then yes- you need a backup analog mixer.

Thanks...

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 01:42:43 PM »
Not having backups is like walking on a tight rope without a safety net.  :facepalm:  In my analog days I never had a spare mixer, but always carried more than enough spare cables for just in case. Today I still carry a box of assorted cables plus a fairly new analog mixer. The day I don't bring it is the day I will need it.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 03:09:56 PM »
Double clicking the home button on an ipad, gives you all the open apps.  You can shut down an app on that screen by Flicking it up and away with your finger.  Most of us make sure that the open apps are closed before running Master Fader.