Author Topic: DL1608 Transportation  (Read 3187 times)

DigtheDL

• Youngling
DL1608 Transportation
« on: June 08, 2015, 10:12:18 PM »
I've owned a DL1608 since they first came out and have used it at 100+ shows with no problems.  Really cool mixer.  I've always taken it to shows in its original shipping box in my car.  And I've been careful not to drop it, so it's basically been handled with a high degree of care since I've had it.

This weekend I bought an SKB 10X4 Roto Rack and I plan on racking it up and letting it live in our trailer with the rest of the PA gear.

Do most people on this forum have their DL's racked and transported in a trailer?  I'm hoping it's sturdy enough but wondered how everyone else transports their DL and how it handles getting moved around in a rack.

Weogo

• Knight
Re: DL1608 Transportation
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 12:16:52 AM »
Hi DigtheDL,

The DL1608 is my small gig mixer  -  weddings, talking heads, bands playing background music at fund raisers, bands for folk dances, etc.  Summer music camp sees it set up once or twice a day in an outdoor pavilion.
Next week it does a four-day Chautauqua event.

The HPFs and LPFs do acceptable crossover duty and the delay works well for delay-fills.
I use self-powered and externally amplified speakers, seems the setup is ever changing.
So a specific rack setup would not be my first choice.

Depending on what it is being used for, the DL1608 lives barebones in an attache-style case, or in a  larger suitcase with space for a small stage snake, and TRS~XLR-M adapter cables for sends to an installed house system.
Eventually I hope to have a multi-pin connector to the house system for one venue where it sees fairly regular use.

I use a Tripplite InternetOffice300 UPS which weighs all of 4# and covers the mixer and router.
this travels in a separate case with other cabling.

Works for me.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 08:09:48 AM »
I have mine in an ally camera case, built in with a home made mounting plate. PSU and Airport Express router live in there too and there's an IEC connector on the outside which powers it all. It's not a flight case but it's small enough to carry in the car (slightly smaller than my mic box in fact) so it doesn't get subjected to rough handling. The DL, properly racked should be fine in your trailer but I'd be careful with the PSU connections as they may be vulnerable.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 09:17:41 PM »
I have a Thomann Thon custom case for the DL1608, which have a couple of heavy duty clasps and a nice carrying handle. The inside has a space underneath the mixer, useful for odd cables and enough room at the back for the power supply and my mini-router.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/thon_mixercase_mackie_dl_1608.htm

Very very happy with this, it keeps the mixer very safe and is quick to access.