Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !

<< < (13/35) > >>

stevegarris:
I'm keeping 2.1 on mine until something new is released or Mackie confirms the fix. I'm prepared to keep it this way indefinitely if I have to, as I really don't care about most of the upgrades, and I love the modern EQ.

ijpengelly:
I am still confused as to how there are such different experiences from different users of MF3. Either we all have very different and significant tolerances or there is something more fundamental going on with software clashes, etc. Would be great if we could all get together and see if we are all experiencing the same thing

Wynnd:
I'm pretty sure that while our general experiences are similar, that the PEQ modern channel lag is either very different or our acceptance of it is very different.  At least the white noise issue appears to be completely gone.  (And the world is a better place.)

Keyboard Magic:
The white noise issue was never an issue for me in particular. After reading about it here, quite a while back, I decided never to tempt fate, especially in a performance setting. I always use an iPod Touch for audio playback either connected directly to channels 15 & 16 in stereo, or through AirPlay. But the white noise problem should never have happened just the same, out of the gate. Thank goodness this issue disappeared with MF 3.x though.  :thu

I have a sneaking suspicion that it’s not actually MF 3.x with the issues. I’m leaning towards a lack of processing power in the older iPads. I think Wynnd mentioned a while back that MF 3.x is a total re design from the ground up and quite possibly just requires more CPU / system RAM to run smoothly. And the older iPads cannot handle it. I may be just talking absolute poodoo here, but that’s my impression. I’m sure the more tech savvy members will be able to explain this better than I can.

It is quite interesting that there are quite different experiences on the same hardware/software to quote ijpengelly. I'd be interested to find out too.

Rdmitch:
I still think the problem is In the program. The PEQ delay and slowness to open up various functions did not occur with the older version. 
Now I realize the new program may require more processing power but many have this same issue with newer iPads too.  I for one, have 3 iPads that experience this problem. The newest is a iPad mini2 that i have tried undocked. 
While I can deal with it thanks to vintage eq., I am more upset that Mackie has yet to acknowledge the issue and let us out here know there is a effort being made to find a resolution. I find it becoming harder to continue singing the praises of the system when the mfg. is ignoring an obvious problem.
Of course we all still await my fader 3 so we can have our iPods and iPhones back on line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version