Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Microphones

<< < (3/4) > >>

RoadRanger:
Most wireless mics have a bit of soft limiting going on - which is what I do with the DL1608. On vocals I'm presently using:
Soft Knee
-14.0 dB
4.0:1
5.0 ms
160 ms
0 dB

I set the trim so I get a bit of gain reduction only when you "hit" the mic hard. If you want a bit more change the threshold to -17.0 dB (which I've tried and might switch back to) or even lower.

Trshot:
Shure SM 58 and BETA 58A's for vocals....

Shure SM57 and Sennheiser E609 on cabs

Audix D6 kick, i5 snare, Shure 98DS toms....

Robert:
Vocals, Flute,  Audix OM5, OM2 (2)
Backing vocals, Shure SM57 (2)
Penny Whistle, Shure PG81 (2)
Bodhran, Heil PR40
Akg Perception 420 (2)
Akg C1000
Rode NT1A

LeeSteel:
Most singers don't understand to treat the microphone as an instrument. I prefer the 57 over the 58 for vocals because it is not picking up all of the other noise around the stage. If a vocalist knows what they are doing, this mic is nothing less than a stick of dynamite. A 58 is great for inexperienced vocalists because it will capture the singing from a broader axis.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: LeeSteel on March 28, 2013, 03:16:59 PM ---I prefer the 57 over the 58 for vocals because it is not picking up all of the other noise around the stage. If a vocalist knows what they are doing, this mic is nothing less than a stick of dynamite. A 58 is great for inexperienced vocalists because it will capture the singing from a broader axis.
--- End quote ---
Yes, somewhat similar to an OM7 you have to be right on it. Have you tried the Beta 57?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version