Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Small talk

<< < (4/5) > >>

Wynnd:
I'm 64.  Will be running sound for Tony Exum Jr. jazz sax player and friends outdoors downtown Denver Saturday.  My mains are ZXA1s with matching subs.  Surely someone will think it's not enough, but I've run sound for Tony a number of times over the last three years and really, those EVs are just about perfect.  (indoors and out.)

Rdmitch:
great that your still out there having fun.  I'll be 64 in 2 years and will still be doing this too.

I dumped off the big gear 2 years ago and also use the small ZX powered subs (the little 40 pound, 12" ones) with a few QSC K-12 and
for most my gigs they are just fine. I can add more mains if needed, but try to just user the small gear.
Most my work is running other bands gear and I simply show up with my Ipad and log into their router... and away I go.

Keyboard Magic:
Old? You're as old as you feel! I'm 62, not necessarily a spring chicken though. Some days I feel much younger. Then there are those days when your body goes "What the hell are you doing?!!"  x(  :facepalm:  ;)

dpdan:
ok, small talk  :)
I'm 61 and I am gonna set up and run sound till somebody tells me I can't  :)

HE HE

Rdmitch:
It's not the days that sometimes make me feel old....it's the nights.
The 2:00 AM packing gear up and making the drive home.  It's those soul searching
moments at 3:30 pulling into the garage or deciding whether to unload now or the next day that
Make me sometimes question my sanity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version