Unofficial Mackie User Forums > Speakers

DLM Series

<< < (3/4) > >>

Rdmitch:
Totally agree the the QSC k's for monitors. I have used my K-12's on occasion for monitors and they are great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

troy mcclure:
Disclaimer: I got my DLMs used... I came in under a pair of  QSC K10s without subs price wise...... I will be pairing them with the  DL1608 when it comes in next week and will report back when i get to run the full band on them

troy mcclure:
So as everyone suspects, these are not going to beat the QSC Ks.  However they do a very good job.  I wish they made a simpler version ( On and off) as there are times you can hit the mic/pa switch and add a 30 db boost.  I also have an Elantra Touring and all 4 speakers fit on the back seat with room for my 2x10 bass cab.   I have not pushed them extremely hard, (nor do I plan on it).  I have ran drums, bass , guitar and vocals through them and filled a pretty big room ( a 300 seater we play).  The bass drum had an audible thump but not that chest kick you get from a big system.  I can live with the trade offs.

LeeSteel:
I just got a pair of DLM12s. So far, they sound very good. I replaced a pair of Mackie Thump 12s.
Just like everything else,  they require a little tweaking but they work for me.
Plus the small size is perfect for situations where there is a low ceiling and you want to get the speakers up higher.

LeeSteel:
I just had my second gig having changed over from Mackie Thump 12 to DLM12. They sound great, I think even better than the Thump speakers.
I am also waiting for someone to tell me what kick drum sounds like through the DLM12s I am very interested in lighter weight and smaller size but I only run kick, toms, and house music through my subs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version