Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL 1608 and 32r videos

<< < (4/6) > >>

sam.spoons:
Yup  :(

Kev tyler:
I have a saying too

" for goodness sake will you turn me up, and kill the bass drum and bass guitar in my monitors please"

I have a foul mouthed variant of the above, but it's not for polite company such as this.

:)

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on March 18, 2015, 03:52:07 PM ---I have a saying too

" for goodness sake will you turn me up, and kill the bass drum and bass guitar in my monitors please"

I have a foul mouthed variant of the above, but it's not for polite company such as this.

--- End quote ---

"...will you turn me up..." is what I hear from every musician! Seems like everyone only want to hear themselves... :)

Kev tyler:
I know mate

But  when I work with a 6 piece band, and sometimes can't sound check the engineer on occasions has does an iem mix for me, full of bass , bass drum, synths, lead guitar, overheads on the drums, I can hear the guitar because the marshal stack is three feet away,

There are good singers and good engineers I guess,

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on March 18, 2015, 04:03:53 PM ---I know mate

But  when I work with a 6 piece band, and sometimes can't sound check the engineer on occasions has does an iem mix for me, full of bass , bass drum, synths, lead guitar, overheads on the drums, I can hear the guitar because the marshal stack is three feet away,

There are good singers and good engineers I guess,

--- End quote ---

Oh, lordy! No, if I have to rough mix something for someone who can't be there for sound check -- or there's not going to be time for sound check -- then there's no bass or drums in the rough IEM mix -- and that person's vocal is always a little more "present" than anything else. Of course, once I get the mix for someone nailed down, it's stored safely away (along with their channel settings) for next time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version