Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Setup Pictures

<< < (2/9) > >>

seventhson:
What Trshot posted was exactly what I was referring to.  Thanks!   That looks like a great setup.   Is that a light behind the Mackie by the outputs?  I am swapping over to the DL from a MixWiz in a rolling rack with DBX EQs, three stereo comps (run 6 mono), a 4 channel gate and a few effects.  It was tall enough that I could comfortably mix standing up.  I was trying to scale down in size, leave the DL pretty much side stage and not have to deal with long snake runs.  This is what I came up with tonight.  I'll see how it works out.  I had to fabricate the rack shelf out of spare parts I had in the garage (a slotted shelf and some rack ears that I had laying around).  It's in a Gator rolling case with everything attached to the shelf and all cables neatly tied up underneath.  All I have to do it attach the input/output cables. 

Trshot:
I had a MixWiz as well before the DL. . I  modified my rack by lowering the slant top so I could leave the inputs connected. Believe me it saves a lot of time! Yes, I have a switched dimmable light controlled from the front panel of the Furman It's there so I have instant light  inside the rear of the  cabinet if needed. With all  my processors gone I've added three drawers for mics, spare cables, connectors, tools, etc...

Wynnd:
OK, I'm not quite an idiot.  I put one of those under cabinet battery operated LED lights in the bottom back of my case to easily light up any internal connections I need to make.  (Like the outputs to subs or FOH.)  In one position, they are movement sensitive and shut off when not making any connections back there.  (Can be useful.) I also have a magnetic flashlight that normally hangs off any metal in the rack.  (Think it's sticking to the mixer's rack mount underside.)  I just love LEDs.  They run forever on batteries.  I'm surprised to see all these pictures using Apple's Airport Express.  (Current version, just like the one on my rack.)  What is it that caused so many people to purchase the exact same unit?  I've recently got a stereo out to dual XLRs to run AirPlay.  Very slick, now that I know how to use it.  (One of the least intuitive Apple controls I've ever seen.)  I know that won't work for everyone, but I still have about 5 extra channels after using two for Airplay.  (And I'm more than willing to add my Alesis Multimix 16 firewire mixer if I ever did need a lot of extra channels.  I use it for recording normally.) 

Trshot:
I had the light there with all the outboard gear I had and left it of course after all was removed. As you mentioned Wynnd, with all the connections  back there you need to light up when something in the signal chain isn't working! Apples AP express has been widely talked about in both the old Mackie forum and this one as well. I'll bet a very large majority here are using it!

seventhson:
I read about the Express here as well and I really like that I can stream break music wirelessly using it.  Especially since I'll be leaving the board side stage for the most part now.   I really like that rolling rack you have.  Makes me reconsider what I did.   Maybe move the MixWiz to a smaller case (for backup) and buy some drawers for mics.  I'm currently using a rolling case for all my mics but that's because I wanted to leave the mics onstage while setting up and didn't want to keep running back to the mix position.   Having everything by the stage would alliviate that.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version