Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL 32R using hard drive for backing music

<< < (4/13) > >>

Wynnd:
There are a few things I use my MacBook for that I can't do on an ipad.  Cubase Artist 6 is on the Macbook as well as the firewire input for interfacing with the Alesis Multi-mix 16 firewire that I use as an input device.  I'm still getting about 7 hours of typical use on the battery on a 2010 MacBook that will be 5 years old in June.  (And I had even upgraded the hard drive to a Momentus XT 750 GB Hybrid drive.  It's a little thirstier than the original and a lot faster.  Higher speed drive and that SSD portion is slick.  All the control of the SSD portion is internal to the drive, so no special software required.  Should work fine in any laptop.)

Kev tyler:
Hi guys

I am going to wager that ye olde usb format is pretty safe for a while, all my important personal stuff lives on hard drives, I wouldn't trust it to the cloud, ok maybe in the future I will browse this hard disk by plugging it's usb output in to a wireless router and streaming the data to a device devoid of a usb socket, but it sounds like overkill to me, and I hope usb via an adaptor to the new kid in town socket sticks around for a while yet,

Cheers

Kev

prosoundrentals:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on March 20, 2015, 11:02:21 PM ---Wait until you get the DL32R, then have the DL32R format the drive for you. Then you can load music into it.

All music must be 48Khz WAV files. No other formats are supported. If you have other formats on your computer, you can use iTunes to convert them to the correct format. Then plug the hard drive into your computer, and copy the files into the Music folder. Once you've done that, plug it back into the DL32R, and you'll see the music files through the MF app.

--- End quote ---

hello , I have tried this 4 times already .hard drive formatted, music converted to wav at 48hz.
I am able to record, and playback via the player, but no music appears on my "left side" for playback . any suggestions would be great ......other then that , I just switched from 16- to the 32r and im liking it !

Topsøe:
I think i saw it has to be in the music folder ?

Michael Welter:

--- Quote from: Topsøe on April 14, 2015, 06:42:05 PM ---I think i saw it has to be in the music folder ?

--- End quote ---
Correct. Make sure that your music files are in a folder called Music. If they are not, they won't show up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version