Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32R vs X32Rack

<< < (4/19) > >>

Kev tyler:
I won't be buying one, just curious, the reverbs on the dl range have had some absue on boards like this, mackie did not mention anything in the vids about new reverbs did they?

Kev

robbocurry:
We'll have to wait and see. The DL verb is usable, not the best, but far from the worst. I can live with it but then I'm not a fan of my mixes "swimming" in fx.
Maybe mf 3.0 will bring something new to the 1608 version.
They've answered a lot of the other user requests so maybe this will get a look too.

pytchley:
I too only know one X32 owner and his has failed three times in a little over a year. I'm very happy with my DL, nearly two years now, lots of varied gigs, zero problems except the white noise one with ipad 3 which is no deal breaker for me. Incidentally no white noise problem with ipad mini with apple 30 pin to lightening connector as reported elsewhere.

ijpengelly:
I occasional do work for a guy who runs an LS9 as his main desk and for smaller gigs had been using a DL1608 (can't recall if he still has it) and just purchased an X32Rack, which he is going to show me around next time I am up his way, when I am hoping to get a feel for whether I like it or not. I have faffed around with the interface and don't find it all that great, which spoils it for me since that is ultimately what you are working with as your primary control. Much of what attracts me to the DL32R is the simplicity, with a decent amount of processing to do the majority of what can reasonably be expected with it. If I did more big venue gigs I would be tempted by the Presonus and a nice big touch screen PC.

In terms of reliability, I have used a variety of gear over the years and whilst some of the behringer stuff has been of lower build quality I have not had any significant failures (compressors, EQs, feedback destroyers, crossovers, desks and speakers), likewise for the majority of the Mackie gear I have had, the only thing I have seen fail are the older powered speakers which have been overdriven and caused the amp to fail, so probably not relevant here. There are risks with a lot of gear and a lot of it comes down to how you handle (transport and store) it.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on October 16, 2014, 05:32:15 AM ---My next laptop has to have a touch screen.  My current MacBook Pro has all sorts of finger prints on the screen where I tried to use the non-existant touch screen.

--- End quote ---

;D Yes, much to my chagrin, I've been told once or twice at shows from crew, when I have both laptop (Windoze non touch) and iPads, that the stylus won't work on the laptop. And there are some finger prints on it.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version