Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Airplay, iTunes and Airport Express in 3.0

(1/11) > >>

Rockit:
  Previously I was able to play songs from iTunes using the Master Fader 2 app and Ipad2 away from the DL1608 unit by, while docked, connecting to my Airport Express created network,with cables going back from the Airport into CH 15/16, which(combined) then could be used the same as any other channel in the mix.

This was achieved by first being connected to my network through the iPad WIFI menu,playing the song in iTunes, going back to the Master Fader app(the song would be playing in the iPad channel on MF2), flicking up the hidden panel at the bottom of the iPad screen, to reveal the Airplay option, selecting my network as the Airplay choice and this would, once the iPad was removed from the dock, route the music playing into CH15/16. I previously had two options in Airplay, iPad and my network.

Once I installed Master Fader 3 and new firmware update, the above process no longer works.
 After many hours trying, including re-setting the Express back to factory settings and re-creating my network, deleting the MF 3 app from iPad and re-installling, all I get as an Airplay option during the above process is "Mackie DL1608"- my network is not visible. Now, when I disconnect from the dock, the music and all other WIFI functions( mixing etc) no longer work- it is not connected to any network.

The only workaround I have found for this is to shut down the MF 3 app, go to iTunes, start a song playing, flick up the Airplay app and my network is visible again. After selecting it, I then open MF 3, iTunes is playing through the iPad channel, disconnect the iPad from dock and the music still plays as it did previously in MF 2.

It seems that with MF 3 open, my WIFI network is not available as an option to choose in Airplay, but when MF 3 is closed it is.
When I apply the above workaround, if, in MF3 I check the Airplay options, my network has re-appeared, but sometimes( not always) when re-docking and undocking the iPad the WIFI functions shut down, and I am left with "Mackie DL1608" as the only Airplay option.

My iPad2 software is 8.1.1,
Airport Express(2013 model) has latest firmware,
and using latest version of Master Fader 3 and console firmware.

Anyone else with an Airport Express experience these issues or have a solution?

Keyboard Magic:
A Big Welcome to the Forum!!!!

Sorry to hear you have an issue with MF3 and the DL1608. I'm not on MF3 yet and rely on AirPlay for Walk in and Out music. I have one iPad 2 on MF3 (haven't docked it to the DL), the other on MF 2.1.1. It's a good bet that this is another software bug in MF3 to be ironed out. It may be a good idea to call or email Mackie support with this issue. They will be very interested to hear about it and may have a solution for you.

As WK mentioned in another post, MF3 is a public beta. It's unbelievable that you have to go through that tedious process everytime you have to use AirPlay. If you have another iPad with MF 2.1.1, I think you can downgrade the DL to the previous firmware. I apologize for not having a better solution for you. I really understand your frustration. Contact Mackie They are very helpful. I hope you get this straightened out soon.  :)

Rockit:
Thanks for the reply. I emailed Mackie the same info- when I get a reply/solution from them, I'll post it here.

Keyboard Magic:
Excellent! I've found them to be very good and helpful.  :thu: ;)

Kev tyler:
As I often say, it was madness to create a product for iPad that ignored it's inherent playback capability, how can they continue to ignore the fact that bands and singers and everyone else plays music from their pads, and might want some transport controls and access to the playlists built in to the master fader application?

Kev

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version