Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

5.1 likes and dislikes

<< < (8/9) > >>

pytchley:
My biggest like of 5.1 is that it won't work on any of my 3 ipads so I'm spared even the possibility of having my reputation and sanity destroyed by Mackie's habitual total disregard for the real world. It also amazes me that so called pro entertainers and sound providers put their jobs on the line by having faith in a company that clearly doesn't give a flying f**k for it's clients and hasn't done so since Greg left the building long ago. It's not as if it hasn't happened before, one blast of white noise at full volume from my early DL1608 taught me my lesson years ago (and cost me a client).

gtrdudes:
I’ve waited to upgrade to 5.1. After reading everyone’s reviews I’m a little more hesitant. Has anyone here updated and just used iPad control with good results?  I’m more interested in the new fx engine than using android or pc.

If I did go to 5.1 and had problems is it easy enough to go back to MF 4?

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: gtrdudes on March 03, 2020, 12:40:46 PM ---I’ve waited to upgrade to 5.1. After reading everyone’s reviews I’m a little more hesitant. Has anyone here updated and just used iPad control with good results?  I’m more interested in the new fx engine than using android or pc.

If I did go to 5.1 and had problems is it easy enough to go back to MF 4?

--- End quote ---

I have used only iPad on mine because only iPad has worked well enough.

Unless you absolutely NEED two more effects engines, just stay with MF4 if you are using your DL out in the real-world.
HOWEVER - if you do happen to try 5.1, and run into the problems we all have, it is easy to go!

I'm expecting an update any moment that addresses the majority of the issues, but, I'm just overly hopeful probably =)

Wynnd:
The only people who can't go back are the DL16S and DL32S mixer owners as MF 5.0.2 is no longer available.  All the others can revert by loading MF 4.x and resetting their mixers.  (It's in the mixer owner's manual.)

Trshot:

--- Quote from: dpdan on February 04, 2020, 06:48:59 AM ---well almost enough. I will need to put a clause bubble on all of my Master Fader Youtube videos... Since Mackie no longer supports my Mackie products, I can no longer support the world with generous, knowledgeable FREE support as I have done for hundreds and hundreds of Mackie DL customers around the world. I am confident that when Ben Olswang left Mackie, that was the end of DL. Sad....   

--- End quote ---

I personally want to thank you for all the videos you took the time to make to help us to better understand the mixers software and mixing in general. I'm also sorry to hear what Mackie has done with regard to your present desk and it's lack of future software updates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version