Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Presonus new rack mixers

<< < (3/6) > >>

WK154:
Wonder if Presonus is waiting for Dante Via (end of 2014) and write code to support it assuming latencies aren't a problem. It will save a bunch of $$ compared with X-32 Dante card. Then Firewire would be irrelevant.
 https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-via
They already have a 1 Gig Ethernet connection. :)

Kev tyler:
The market is soon to be awash with all these 16 and 32 channel digi  efforts, crazy, the most prolific form of entertainment and the best paid compared to bands and such is the solo entertainer, or guitar vocalist, or duo, shame that apart from sm pro and dl806  these guys are being completely ignored by the industry,

4 channels  in a 1u case is the future

:)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on September 24, 2014, 03:11:53 PM ---[...] the most prolific form of entertainment and the best paid compared to bands and such is the solo entertainer, or guitar vocalist, or duo, shame that apart from sm pro and dl806  these guys are being completely ignored by the industry, 4 channels  in a 1u case is the future :)
--- End quote ---
I think only 4 channels is a bit tight for a duo - they often times will have someone else sit in on harmonica or some such, and need an extra mic for announcements. Then you need a couple for playback of break music and/or tracks. So now you're at 8 channels which IMO is the "sweet spot" for a duos mixer :) . I have a common "acoustic" amp with one instrument and one mic channels that I don't use much and a Carvin 4 channel all-in-one cab PA that's useful but I often wish for a couple few more channels.

RoadRanger:
OTOH for my "big" mixer I'd like a 20-24 channel, 16 can get crowded on occasion. Seems like most everyone is skipping over the 24 channel market :( . If Mackie's rackmount only comes as a 32 I might be inclined to look at the Behringer X32 Rack a bit more with it's 16+6 channel capacity. A 16 channel plus stereo input (for break music/tracks) plus a couple mono line inputs (for wireless mics) is my dream mixer :) .

Kev tyler:
Hi guys

I was thinking along the lines of the dl range which have Ipad playback plus 16 or 8 inputs,

So the imaginary dl 4,  for solos thats plenty, duo 2 mics + 2 instruments fine, harmony trio or  4  piece vocal act with backing, no problem,

4 is a nice number, 1u is a nice format too,

Motu are making some nice low Actual physical  channel  count products but I am not willing to fork out 1400 euros when I only want to plug a mic and a pad in

Cheers

Kev

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version