Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !

<< < (23/35) > >>

WK154:
Really Wynnd, I know you want to throw yourself on that Mackie sword every chance you get but this is extreme. Just use iPad File Explorer or something comparable and look at the forbidden fruit. I know Jobs didn't want his users to hurt themselves but the files tell a lot. V2.1.1 that I currently have is made up of 823 files and a handful of folders. Some date back to V1.1 which was the first usable version issued Nov 15 2012. Most are png files (yes a raster display) with about 790 png files. Don't like something in the graphics load it into Photoshop or other graphics editor, change it and put it back into the iPad. ;) The last release V2.1.1 was issued Feb 18 2014, actually finished on Feb 12 a Sunday. Since it took 16 months to get to V2.1.1 I highly doubt it's a "complete rewrite" in 9 more months. A quick look at the files tells all. As I suspected Mackie downloads the images into the DL including uLinux the Shark code (DSP) and the Black/App (bet they had fun with that) for the Blackfin ARM CPU. That math theory needs to go, really white noise issue or lag? KM still think it's a rewrite?

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 26, 2015, 10:03:10 AM ---Really Wynnd, I know you want to throw yourself on that Mackie sword every chance you get but this is extreme. Just use iPad File Explorer or something comparable and look at the forbidden fruit. I know Jobs didn't want his users to hurt themselves but the files tell a lot. V2.1.1 that I currently have is made up of 823 files and a handful of folders. Some date back to V1.1 which was the first usable version issued Nov 15 2012. Most are png files (yes a raster display) with about 790 png files. Don't like something in the graphics load it into Photoshop or other graphics editor, change it and put it back into the iPad. ;) The last release V2.1.1 was issued Feb 18 2014, actually finished on Feb 12 a Sunday. Since it took 16 months to get to V2.1.1 I highly doubt it's a "complete rewrite" in 9 more months. A quick look at the files tells all. As I suspected Mackie downloads the images into the DL including uLinux the Shark code (DSP) and the Black/App (bet they had fun with that) for the Blackfin ARM CPU. That math theory needs to go, really white noise issue or lag? KM still think it's a rewrite?

--- End quote ---

When you get under the hood like you have, it does make sense. In my limited computer knowledge I do understand your explanation. Obviously to keep a very familiar look, they would use previously designed files. Then edit existing ones and layer new ones for the different look. Complete rewrite? Probably not. So what’s causing the perceived lag with the graphics? Too many graphics files to handle by a slower CPU/GPU and 512MB system RAM? (iPad 2) More system intensive features that affects the older iPads?

Rdmitch:
Sure is a lot of discussion over this issue. Wish I new more about how and what makes these type of programs work, but like many
others I just use the app and mixer and want it to work like it always did before.  Why it doesn't work the way it should is kind of irrelevant to me.
I only want them to fix the problem, but I also understand that it's not an overnight process.
Again, I reiterate that the lag and other delay issues are FAR from making the product un usable. As many of us have
 found the work around to allow us to function with the V 3.01 app.

I did take the 1608  with the ipad air 2 for a dry run on Saturday night.  Just a practice for one of the bands I mix for.  Plugged in 6 vox mikes,
3-4 instrument mikes and had absolutely no problem.   Didn't mess with drum mikes for this test.   Not only did the 1608
perform just like in the "old days", but the retina display livens up the display a bit.    I left my regular Ipad 3 locked onto the board and just used the Air 2
as a remote.   I had to return the borrowed Ipad air this morning, but am waiting for one I ordered on line. 
 I doubt I will upgrade the 1608 with the lightning adaptor or air tray.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on January 26, 2015, 02:12:36 PM ---Sure is a lot of discussion over this issue. Wish I new more about how and what makes these type of programs work, but like many
others I just use the app and mixer and want it to work like it always did before.  Why it doesn't work the way it should is kind of irrelevant to me.
I only want them to fix the problem, but I also understand that it's not an overnight process.
Again, I reiterate that the lag and other delay issues are FAR from making the product un usable. As many of us have
 found the work around to allow us to function with the V 3.01 app.

I did take the 1608  with the ipad air 2 for a dry run on Saturday night.  Just a practice for one of the bands I mix for.  Plugged in 6 vox mikes,
3-4 instrument mikes and had absolutely no problem.   Didn't mess with drum mikes for this test.   Not only did the 1608
perform just like in the "old days", but the retina display livens up the display a bit.    I left my regular Ipad 3 locked onto the board and just used the Air 2
as a remote.   I had to return the borrowed Ipad air this morning, but am waiting for one I ordered on line. 
 I doubt I will upgrade the 1608 with the lightning adaptor or air tray.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for posting your test results with the iPad Air 2.  :thu:  Most informative for myself and I'm sure, others here. So it looks like the new iPad is the ticket if you want to have MF 3.X run like good ole MF 2.1.1. Unfortunately, for me an iPad Air 2 is out of the question right now and I'm sure for some here as well. Let's hope Mackie will eventually straighten things out.

pytchley:
OK, so we've established that the ipad2 and original mini are slow, the ipad3 is hopeless and the Air2 works fine. Can we fill in the gaps? Anybody using mini 2 and 3, ipad 4 and air to give us their experiences?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version