Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL1608 vs. DL16S

<< < (3/6) > >>

WK154:
As I looked at the DL32R disk record function which is rather crippled (no delete of song via MF) I realized that the DL16S/DL32s also dropped the 44.1k selection that's in the DL1608 to just 48k. Need their manual to see if the delete is also dropped. Nothing like having to convert your CD library to 48k  :( for DL16S/DL32S playback. One step forward (DL1608) and two steps back (DL16S/DL32S). ::)

James91104:
Hi ya all. Been a bit since i have last chimed in. Excuse me if I may have missed the obvious, but is there no built-in USB Wav. stereo Record/Playback facilities on these two new products, 16/32S ?

WK154:
Not sure what you consider "build in" but there is a USB B connector which requires a computer to provide record/playback up to the max channel count.

ToH2002:

--- Quote from: James91104 on November 02, 2018, 07:52:37 AM ---Excuse me if I may have missed the obvious, but is there no built-in USB Wav. stereo Record/Playback facilities on these two new products, 16/32S ?

--- End quote ---

No, the new mixers only provide 16/32 track USB output and input (like an audio interface). You'll need a DAW like Cubase / Logic / Reaper or a dedicated recording app like Tracks Live or Nuendo Live to record your performances.

Cheers,

Torsten

James91104:
No on board stereo record/playback facility, as per what would be the adopted industry method via USB A port ? Pity.
To be fair, i have the same sentiment about the similarly equipped MG XR/MR18 products lacking a record/playback USB A port.
I currently and have made regular use of the stereo wave recording feature via a docked gen1/2 iPad DL1608 mixer, and admittedly as clumsy an import/export method as it is, ultimately proves effective for the intended purpose that one just comes to adjust to and live with, IME.
Pity the lack of channel 17/18 stereo ins as well. At least stereo playback tracks are currently available with a docked ipad on the DL1608.
Overall specs add up to be an unlikely contender for any current or possible deployment in my world and orbit. The additions are eclipsed by the omissions, IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version