Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Gain knob problems... DL 1608

<< < (3/4) > >>

Greg C.:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on July 30, 2016, 01:46:42 PM ---The mixer really is not made be powered on 24/7

--- End quote ---

Why?

Copicatt:
Resurrecting this old thread to see if OP was able to resolve his issue. Ours has started doing the same thing. Curious if you cleaned the pots to resolve. Thanks

WK154:
You may want to try unseating and re-seating the cables, a problem that has haunted Mackie since the 1604 days and continues with the DL32. That's the flat gray cables at both ends.

joeonguitar:
I also have this gain knob scratchy noise problem on several pots

the problem is that when this gain changes by itself due to vibration , the monitors also cut and boost gain making this unusable for live performances.

i am wondering if anyone has procured better 9mm  10k audiotapes pots. I know bourne’s makes an excellent  series , designed specifically for this application.

these are supposed to be sealed so i doubt cleaning fluid will do any good.

also does anyone have disassembly instructions for the DL1608? I would like to try replacing them with some high quality devices

Wynnd:
What people did early on was to purchase small O rings to place below the trim knobs so they could be changed but stayed put when not being touched.  I personally never got into doing that, but if you are placing the mixer on top of the Bass amp, you will have problems until you go the O ring route.  (Or move the mixer away from the bass and drums.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version