Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (30/44) > >>

Sting:

--- Quote from: Rick Scofield on April 25, 2014, 03:01:54 PM ---I don't recall if I had stopped the iPad playback app, or just paused it.  Strange thing was that I could re-open the music app and hit play and I could hear the playback in my IEMs (thru Master Fader/dl1608), but I had no meters reflected on the docked iPad, and could not control the faders.

--- End quote ---

I sent an email to Mackie support with a link to this page noting that you and I have the exact same symptoms.   Once they review it,  I will call them. 

Sting:
Here is Mackie's response:

Hi,

All that can be tried is doing the firmware reinstall, reinstalling Master Fader or trying a different iPad. At this point if none of those work, it will need to be sent to our DL service center for diagnosis and repair. If you want to go with that option, please reply back with the following information along with your sales receipt. We will then issue you a number that you will give the service center when you contact them.

First and Last name:
Phone#:
Shipping Address:

Serial Number:

facebook.com/Mackie facebook.com/AmpegUSA
LOUD Technologies Inc.
16220 Woodinville-Redmond Rd. NE | Woodinville, WA 98072
Tech support: 800.898.3211

WK154:
Hummm sounds about right for Mackie. First they waste your time and then they ask you to send them their "manufacturer defective" product back to them. What fix? It's over a year now that they've known about this problem. If you're under warranty tell them to cut you a check or prove that it works 24/7.

Jerrylee:
You guys keep blaming Mackie as if the board is defective. It is not. Many dock connectors do not play well with ios. Especially when software changes take place. I have had hubs that used to work perfectly well but now get nailed constantly with unsupported device messages from my iPad. Does that mean the hub is defective? No it doesn't. Does that mean ios no longer supports it's full function? Yes.

Wynnd:
I doubt that Mackie wouldn't do something about it in the long run.  Am I correct that a lot of the sync losses are occurring while docked?  (Are they working well when running WiFi?)   When I had a problem with one of the XLR/TRS connectors, Mackie sent me a replacement so I was actually out of a mixer for about 20 minutes.   If the unit had been out of warranty, I would have fixed it myself.  (Think I can handle a bad connector and some solder.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version