Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

The mackie DL1608 white noise saga continued..

<< < (19/30) > >>

iBloke:

--- Quote from: WK154 on October 28, 2014, 03:51:05 AM ---I know that Music app has been modified for iOS8 has Tango and have you used it recently wired?

--- End quote ---

Yep it was updated on the 15th October but still only requires a minimum of iOS 5
Tango Remote with Up Next Queue by Blue Atlas Technology, LLC
https://appsto.re/au/I3iLu.i

And I'm using right now to make playlists on the docked ipad3. 
It also plays very nicely with my airport :)

pytchley:

--- Quote from: WK154 on October 27, 2014, 06:48:16 PM ---IIRC iBloke stated that in one of the tests during "white noise" he pulled the ipad from the dock and the noise continued. This would seem to eliminate the iPad altogether except for the possible initiator of it. Where does that leave the DL? No matter what the source it's a Mackie product ergo a Mackie problem. Apple is definitely not going to solve it. For those with short memories....    http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=700.msg6820#msg6820

--- End quote ---
Not on my iPad3, white noise stops when I undock. No white noise with mini and apple adapter cable so far. I'm one of the "ten" by the way. It would be interesting to hear from the other "nine" who filled in Mackie's questionaire....see how many we really were.

WK154:

--- Quote from: pytchley on October 28, 2014, 01:33:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on October 27, 2014, 06:48:16 PM ---IIRC iBloke stated that in one of the tests during "white noise" he pulled the ipad from the dock and the noise continued. This would seem to eliminate the iPad altogether except for the possible initiator of it. Where does that leave the DL? No matter what the source it's a Mackie product ergo a Mackie problem. Apple is definitely not going to solve it. For those with short memories....    http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=700.msg6820#msg6820

--- End quote ---
Not on my iPad3, white noise stops when I undock. No white noise with mini and apple adapter cable so far. I'm one of the "ten" by the way. It would be interesting to hear from the other "nine" who filled in Mackie's questionaire....see how many we really were.

--- End quote ---
If that is indeed the case that by pulling the iPad stops the noise then that changes a lot of my assumptions. A buffer would only last a couple of milliseconds and I doubt if iBloke was that fast in shutting down his system to stop the noise. Don't know what to make of this yet. Yes you are one of the ten.

Nottoodeaf:
I am one of the nine.  Can't help though.  I bought an x32 Rack about a year ago and haven't used my DL since.  Weird thing is, I haven't sold it yet.  I keep thinking that if I use freelance engineer on one of my multistage events that it would be much easier for him/her to get up to speed on the DL....the GUI is still one of the most intuitive.

WK154:
We can always approach this from a more general point of view. The playback which occasionally causes "white noise" played back by various programs on a whole lot of other PA equipment AFAIK has no reported "white noise" issues. If you know of any let us in on the secret (provide the link). So it only and rarely happens on Mackie equipment. iPads or iPhones aren't the issue because by now someone would have had a problem with other gear and posted it. I found the problem, it's MACKIE end of story.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version