Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !

<< < (10/35) > >>

sam.spoons:
 ;D

Rdmitch:
It would be nice to see the V.2 up on the App Store for those that desire it.
I would be really torn about going back, while I really dislike the lag issue I would be
Reluctant to give up subgroups and my new understanding of VCAs. There are so many
Really nice things about V.3 that I would be tempted to just put up with the lag, and use the
vintage mode until a fix was found.
Sure would be nice to be able to keep V2 on the iPad 2 and put 3 on the ipad 3.

Wynnd:
Just like only an artist can call a painting done, Only Mackie can call Master Fader 3.x a Beta.  (Or not)  I can't find anywhere in the app that calls it a Beta.  So it's probably time to stop calling it a Beta.  From what I've heard, I doubt that any version of Master Fader will ever make some people happy.  If there's the slightest hiccup, it will be overblown in Importance and people will threaten to find a "better" product. (Don't any of these people remember multi-tasking with Windows 95?  There were lots of people who didn't think that was multi-tasking at all.) 

Keyboard Magic:
Some people have issues with 3.x and some don’t. If you haven’t updated, you’re okay for now. If you have updated? Look at some of the members here who have updated and would really rather go back if they could. I’ve been reading posts here about all the troubles with 3.x and have experienced the lag issue myself and was lucky enough to go back.

Why would I update right now if MF 2.1.1 is working perfectly? Of course I’d like some of the benefits of 3.x on the DL1608, but they’re not critical enough to me to update just yet, until hopefully the “minor” issues are addressed, if they ever will be?

I am hoping very much that the next iteration of MF 3.X will address these “minor” issues very soon for myself and everyone else here who is frustrated with it. I don’t think that there will ever be a perfect software for everyone’s tastes, but I hope this one in particular will get closer with further research and a good listening ear from Mackie. We just have to keep hammering the Mackie Customer Feedback Site.

Wynnd:
With the original ipad not being able to upgrade to Master Fader 3 and the lack of a My Fader 3, Mackie clearly should have kept MF 2.x available.  (In my mind as long as these mixers are expected to last.  10 years is probably a minimum and whenever support quits, they should open up the architecture to the public.)  I guess that the only other option in the long run is for Mackie to make their own tablet with custom software and abandon other company products. (And as an Apple stockholder, that wouldn't be good for the price.)   There is something to be said for custom OS on a tablet.  How complicated could it be if you're only building a product for one use?  Tablets are fairly simple in functions.  WiFi is most likely to most complicated and that is a solid technology.  For that matter, a custom wifi addition to a mixer doesn't have to be a tablet.   It just needs to be portable, relatively light and wireless.  (And we get back into my discussion of real faders vs virtual faders.)   This is where the DL32R could get a better remote controller.  Leave the connections onstage and thin client out into the audience with real faders, a large touch pad with batteries and a directional antenna.  (Could also be doing infrared by someone could walk infront of the light.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version