Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

IPad Air 2 Does the Trick with MF 3.X. In My Perception

<< < (4/10) > >>

Sir Krang:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 21, 2015, 02:53:58 AM ---Acoustic instruments in their own monitors?  Generally stupid.  I've heard of drummers needing themselves in the monitors.  Gotta ask yourself why?   I like the thought of sending the drums back to the drum monitor with some delay to discourage that stupidity.

--- End quote ---
28 years in the live music industry, and well over 1000+ gigs, and every drummer wanted themselves in the monitor.

Normal. Well at least in my part of the world/live music industry. Never a problem :)

pytchley:
I glad Wyndd doesn't do our sound, wouldn't be a popular man.

sam.spoons:
A drummer who needs drums in his monitor wedge (apart from, maybe, a little kick) is a total anachronism dating back to the days of three story guitar amplifiers. I can't think of a situation these days where a drummer needs drums in his wedge. For many of the gigs the DL1608 is aimed at the problem is keeping the drums from being too loud acoustically and they often don't need to be in the FOH, never mind the monitors, drums are LOUD. If the drummers needs drums in his wedge THE GUITARS ARE TOO LOUD!  >:D

Now acoustic guitars are another matter, I'd always put them in them wedges, even for a solo singer/guitarist

pytchley:
Actually as a drummer I have as little as possible in my monitor but on a big festival stage sometimes you need some snare or you're going to hurt your wrist. Always nice to have some kick...

sam.spoons:
Accepted, sometimes on huge stage, but that's not exactly the DL1608's natural habitit (and the guitars are still too loud :lol:). I remain to be convinced about the snare though, if my drummer's snare can register 100dB at the mix position I dread to think what it is when it reaches his ears.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version