Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

The mackie DL1608 white noise saga continued..

<< < (12/30) > >>

WK154:

--- Quote from: gerenm63 on October 07, 2014, 12:37:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: iBloke on October 06, 2014, 04:50:03 AM ---So, does this mean the other three 30 pin dock connector iPads were "faulty" ?
And the iPad mini isn't?

--- End quote ---

I wonder if maybe the charging load of the Mini is significantly lower than the older "full size" iPads, and so the charge circuit isn't be loaded to the point that the offending ripple is appearing on the line... And, maybe new "full size" iPads with Lightning also require less charging current... Hmm...

--- End quote ---
Offending ripple on what line? The shielded twisted pair D+- differential lines. I don't think so. Any change in the NRZ data would be picked up by the CRC check in a properly written driver. Here are the battery capacities for iPads.
iPad 1      6613 Mah
iPad 2      6944  "
iPad 3     11540  "
iPad 4     11560  "
Air           8837  "
Mini org.   4490  "
Mini curr.  6471  "
Doubt that this has any effect.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on October 08, 2014, 01:08:58 AM ---WK;

"S O F T W A R E is the only thing that can cause this loss of sync"

I am blown away with your technical knowledge. :thu: I understand some of what you just posted about the DL issue(s). With my limited computer skills I agree that it is a software problem. In that light, if I may ask a hopefully not too dumb question? Do you think that the updated soon to be released Master Fader will correct these issues?

--- End quote ---
BenO would be the one to answer that, e-mail him.  ;D

Keyboard Magic:
Yes, but I may not unfortunately get a straight answer. I would appreciate and value your professional opinion, if you wouldn't mind?  :)

WK154:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on October 08, 2014, 01:22:49 AM ---Yes, but I may not unfortunately get a straight answer. I would appreciate and value your professional opinion, if you wouldn't mind?  :)

--- End quote ---
You won't know until you try BenO.
Unfortunately my opinion isn't going to change the facts which will be clear once the software is available. I, like all others that have DL problems would like them to go away. What is not clear is when that event will happen. Oct. 15 or much later.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: WK154 on October 08, 2014, 02:13:18 AM ---You won't know until you try BenO.
Unfortunately my opinion isn't going to change the facts which will be clear once the software is available. I, like all others that have DL problems would like them to go away. What is not clear is when that event will happen. Oct. 15 or much later.

--- End quote ---

Very true. But thank you for your reply though. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version