Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

First Serious Glitches With DL32R and MF

<< < (3/15) > >>

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on August 10, 2015, 02:58:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: JohnMHoyt on August 10, 2015, 01:52:29 PM ---Wait, you can dock the iPad to the DL32R with that USB port on the back???  Does it charge it too?
--- End quote ---
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=1033.0

--- End quote ---

Oh, I see....   Old iPad 2 would be a hodgepodge hack...    30pin to usb, to powered hub to usb to ethernet, yada yada....   (Or build the all-in-one solution)....
The newer iPad might be a snap with straight lightning->ethernet....   http://redpark.com/lightning-ethernet-cable/

Oh well..... Thanks.

JMc:
Upon further inspection of my iPad (iPad 2, BTW), there were a %$!#load of apps that were apparently in need of force closing.  I'm just going to chalk it up to memory allocation being the problem I encountered the other night and hope that a hard boot takes me back to a happy place for our next show.  I'll find out soon enough.  Got a gig on Friday...  Fingers crossed.  Sheesh.  I hasten to add that up until this incident, I had used the same iPad with the DL32R and had ZERO issues, so I am optimistic that the force close / hard boot solution is probably all I really need.  Thanks for all the education and input.  Cheers.

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: JMc on August 10, 2015, 04:09:46 PM ---Upon further inspection of my iPad (iPad 2, BTW), there were a %$!#load of apps that were apparently in need of force closing.  I'm just going to chalk it up to memory allocation being the problem I encountered the other night and hope that a hard boot takes me back to a happy place for our next show.  I'll find out soon enough.  Got a gig on Friday...  Fingers crossed.  Sheesh.  I hasten to add that up until this incident, I had used the same iPad with the DL32R and had ZERO issues, so I am optimistic that the force close / hard boot solution is probably all I really need.  Thanks for all the education and input.  Cheers.

--- End quote ---

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes....

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: JohnMHoyt on August 10, 2015, 01:52:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on August 10, 2015, 01:34:59 PM ---I carry 2 iPads to all gigs with the DL1608. One for actual wireless operation (iPad Air 2) and the other is docked (iPad 2) in case of wireless pooch out. Then I have an iPod Touch for music playback via AirPlay. Absolutely ludacris dollar wise, but practical if I want the show to run without problems, barring any bizarre incidents of course.  :)

--- End quote ---

Wait, you can dock the iPad to the DL32R with that USB port on the back???  Does it charge it too?

I'm I realize that this confirms that I didn't read ANY manuals, I know ;)

--- End quote ---

I did say I dock my iPad to a DL1608 Sorry if I wasn't too clear on that fact. And there should be some way of physically connecting an iPad to the DL32, just sayin'  8) But maybe you were just having a little fun, maybe?  :mrgreen:

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: JMc on August 10, 2015, 04:09:46 PM ---Upon further inspection of my iPad (iPad 2, BTW), there were a %$!#load of apps that were apparently in need of force closing.

--- End quote ---
Apple swears you should never need to "force close" anything. The rest of us swear at Apple ;) .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version